I am a Stay-At-Home Nurse..uh, Mother...who has realized that there are some questions out there that other parents have that the answers, are hard to find. I like when my friends ask me questions about their family's symptoms, and thought I might share what I've learned along the way...in Nursing school or just in Life. I guess I am filling a little Nursing void I have, too! Hope we all might learn a little something.

Shannon, RN BSN
American Heart Association CPR/Heimlich/AED Instructor
American Heart Association Basic First Aid Instructor

Since 2004

http://www.TeachUsCPR.com/

(Mother to 5, 3 & 1 year old Children)

Friday, January 20, 2012

Safe Crib Sleeping... cont'd

In addition to the toys, blankets and pillows...also be sure to remove these before naptime

-Pacy Clips/Strings
-Sweatshirts with Hoods
-Necklaces
-Earrings (unless secured)
-Hair Accessories
headbands can get around the neck, or little pieces fall off
barretts and clips
-Beware of Buttons
-Toys with Small Pieces
-Books with Pages that can Rip
-No Snacks in the Crib

Also, be aware of nearby cords for monitors, humidifiers etc. I am also not a big fan of crib bumpers either, they are more likely to cause suffocation/entanglement than they are preventing a head bumping against a rail. Its just not worth it to me, so we go without.

Sorry, Baby!

1 comment:


  1. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete